When life throws you lemons, thank it for the snack

Monday, August 9, 2010

Arm & Hammer Kid's Spinbrush My Way


Okay, that last post was a little preachy (though true). I did have another thing I'm grateful for today. [NOTE: This is NOT a paid endorsement or advertisement! This is an honest encounter with a real-life product.]

My daughter has been begging me for an electronic toothbrush for months. I've been reluctant because I didn't want to waste money on a product she was not likely to use, especially when there are much cheaper ignorable options available (like the free toothbrush we get from the dentist at our regular check-ups). Well, I was in a relatively good mood and I felt like encouraging her creativity, so I gave in and purchased this product. As soon as we got home she opened up the package and decorated it in her own style. She likes the idea of the "waterproof" stickers. My daughter was so happy with the gadget that she even said "I'm going to go brush my teeth now, since I forgot to brush them this morning." I was astounded! First of all, I usually get the usual lie--"Yes, Mom" or something like that--when I ask if she brushed her teeth. Second, I didn't even have to suggest it to her. She came up with it on her own! This could be the magic wand I needed in order to reduce future orthodontic bills for my darling's smile. We'll see, but I have hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment