When life throws you lemons, thank it for the snack

Friday, September 10, 2010

Catching Up

There's no need to rush when you carry your home with you everywhere
I don't know about the rest of the world, but my life is like an accordion. There are times when everything is moving too fast and I struggle to keep up. These are then followed by moments when things slow down so much that I can take that "inbox" pile and process it. I am constantly fluctuating, travelling along my personal Yerkes-Dawdson inverted U curve. I suppose I could do the intelligent thing and take life slow and steady so that I am never behind, but then I will also never be ahead or caught up. I guess the real question comes down to whether one lives life like the hare--rushing about to get ahead so that you can nap, fall behind, then rush ahead again--or like the tortoise--slow and steady, just keep plodding along and you will eventually get there. Admittedly, I am partial to the hare's method, even though I do sometimes seem to take life at the tortoise's top speed. I find that the slow periods are much more enjoyable after I've come rushing through a chaotic period.
I'm late, I'm late. Oh, wait...I'm early now

No comments:

Post a Comment